Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tuesday Morning Science Fiction Nerd

Let me preface this by saying that I genuinely enjoy Gregg Easterbrook and his Tuesday Morning Quarterback column. Every Tuesday his column is a must read for me. It's smacks of the perfect combination of pretentiousness and analysis. He's smarter than the average Joe Lunchpail and he's not afraid to show it. In many ways he is what I aspire to be. In fact, I just took his book, The Progress Paradox, out of the library.

Unfortunately, he is undeniably a major dork. Every week, the Michael Musto lookalike dedicates several hundred words of his column to science fiction discussion. In today's draft recap column he devoted a whopping 3 1/2 paragraphs to Battlestar Galactica. How many Battlestar Galactica fans are there out there? More importantly, how many of them are fervent enough NFL fans to read his in depth analysis on every game? Seven? Eight? Should I keep asking rhetorical questions to no one in particular?

If you want to chat up the SciFiCon crowd start your own website dedicated to Battlestar Galactica fans. I'm sure that you have more than enough resources to do that. Your sci-fi thoughts almost make me yearn for Peter King's "quirky" takes on travel and coffee. Please stop taking precious space away from the cheer babes and expensively ludicrous menu items.

Click here for a really funny TMQ parody. Once again kudos to Big Daddy Drew over at www.kissmesuzy.blogspot.com

(Note: Thanks to loyal reader Tal for the find)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Progress Paradox, meh, it was alright. Kinda got repetitive. Oh and Christa is a huge Battlestar Gallactica fan.