Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Comeback Names

While writing my letter to Charles Barkley, it occured to me that you don't really run it to a lot of guys named Charles/Charlie/Chuck under the age of 40. I find this disappointing, because it is such a solid name. You immediately want to be friends with a fella named Charles. It is long overdue for a big time comeback. Here are my top three names that are more likely belong to your father's friends than your's, and need to be brought back in a big way...

1) Charles/Charlie/Chuck
2) Francis/Frank/Frankie
3) Raymond/Ray

Comments? Any names that I missed?

4 comments:

JohnnyDakota said...

How could you leave off Chazz along with Charles/Charlie/Chuck?

Anonymous said...

I'd add George and Harry to the list. Plus, a bunch of ethnic names that would have been prevalent two or three generations ago--when families first came to America--but have fallen out of favor.

(On that note, here's a list of names that are going to be way, way more common twenty years from now than during "our fathers'" time: Jose, Jesus, Miguel, Carlos, etc.)

Charlie Hustle said...

Tremont, I couldnt agree with you more.

Tremont said...

Not listing Chaz was an egregious oversight.