Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pun of the Day


Tampa Bay OF tells wife to put up her Dukes.

Apparently Elijah Dukes and his wife aren't getting along. He texted her a picture of a handgun and followed up by leaving a voicemail that said, "You're dead dawg. I ain't even [expletive]. Your kids too." This is a pretty severe reaction to your wife forgetting to Tivo "Wayans Brothers" re-runs, but to each their own I guess. Seriously though, this is Elijah's sixth arrest since 1998, so it will be interesting to see how Tampa Bay handles their young slugging outfielder. To be fair he had a very troubled upbringing and I believe that both of his parents are some combination of incarcerated for very serious offenses and dead. In no way does that rationalize his behavior, but he obviously needs some psychological help.


Of course, a few hours prior to this story breaking I picked up Dukes on one of my fantasy baseball teams. I will now have to come up with a clever team name. I'm thinking Dukes of Hazzard.

1 comment:

Tremont said...

You don't need the pre-cogs from "Minority Report" to know that this guy is a homocide waiting to happen. He should probably receive a preemptive life sentence for crimes he will eventually commit.