Sunday, May 6, 2007

Rocket Man-ia


SYHD is "Your home for all the De la Hoya/ Mayweather coverage you can handle". Seriously, we spit the bit on the biggest fight in years. Our apologies. Now, on to Roger Clemens...


While I'm generally happy that Roger Clemens signed with the Yankees, I hate the way they let/had him announce his return. It reminded of when a wrestler would jump from the WWF to WCW and just show up in the crowd. All that was missing was a dumbfounded Tony Schiavone shouting "Is that...Yes it is!!! That's The Rocket!!!! What is he doing here?!" The whole stunt was so cheap. It makes it that much more difficult to root for Clemens.


While I'm not entirely comfortable with how much the Yankees spend on their payroll, I do get annoyed by Mets and Red Sox fans who whine about how unfair it is. If you are a Royals fan, you can complain until your heart is content. But if you are a fan of one of the "haves", you can go tell it to Sweeney. Your team is seriously benefitting from the system that's in place, albeit somewhat less than the Yankees. Nobody wants to hear Donald Trump complain about how rich Bill Gates is and nobody feels remotely sorry for you.


7 comments:

Mookie said...

I would have entitled this post "When Life Hands You Clemens..."

Tremont said...

That clearly would have been better.

Charlie Hustle said...

The guy is going to make what amounts to 50k an out.

Why doesnt David Wells look like Clemens does? I mean they are both middle aged men right?

Mookie said...

If you were going to go with "Rocket Mania", you should have at least went the "Rocket Man-ia" route.

Tremont said...

Listen, I hate writing the f'n headlines in the first place. So unless I feel strongly about a particular headline, feel free to change them.

Anonymous said...

I packed my bags last night, pre-flight.

Mookie said...

Clemens is making as much as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays...wow