Friday, September 28, 2007

Nightly Depressed Met Fan Rant

I gave you everything I had, but you ripped my heart out like you were Kano performing a fatality. A lot of people told me I was an idiot for believing in you. The naysayers kept trying to point out your weaknesses, but I defended you to no end. I kept focusing on the good times, while dismissing the bad as merely a fleeting aberration. Sure we sure had some tumultuous times, but if it were that easy it wouldn't be worth it. The highs were high and the lows were low. When things were going well I felt like I had everything in the world that I could ever want. When things were not so hot, I was completely miserable. Through it all though, I thought we were going it pull out. But now it appears it wasn't meant to be, which is a shame because we could have gone all the way.

I'm going to take this a whole lot harder than you are. You have everything going for you. You're just going to brush this all off and go out on the town like nothing happened. Me? This is going to haunt me for a very long time and I'm going to have a tough time trusting you or anybody else ever again. And when you come calling in a couple months, when you're lonely and need people to pay attention to you, I'll be back. Not necessarily because I want to, but because I don't know any better.

If you need me I'll listening to Bright Eyes' "It's Cool We Can Still Be Friends"

No comments: