Monday, September 10, 2007

Thoughts from the Mezzanine at the Jets/Pats Game

Unfortunately for me, Mookie's little brother fell ill and he ended up with an extra ticket to the Jets/Pats game. Mookie woke me up with a phone call on Sunday morning and offered me said ticket. Foolishly, I accepted.

The Jets were destroyed on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Yesterday, Tom Brady threw 28 passes. He could have impregnated a B-list starlet on every play, before the Jets' defensive line got near him. Seriously, I have never seen such an impotent pass rush in my life. On offense, the Jets' line opened precious few holes for Thomas Jones. D'Brickashaw Ferguson looks for all the world like an average NFL tackle, not the star one would expect from a 4th overall pick.

Having said that, the Patriots look like a juggernaut. This looks like the best Pats team of the Belichick era. Scary thought. Randy Moss may not be the athletic freak that he was 5 years ago, but he is going to have a phenomenol season with his first real QB since Daunte Culpepper.

Perhaps I am overreacting to one game, but I think the Jets will go 7-9 and the Pats will finish 14-2.

No comments: