Monday, September 10, 2007

The A-Rod Apologete (In which I will gloat and self-righteously chastise)

Things I haven't heard in months
1) A-Rod can't handle New York
2) A-Rod isn't clutch
3) A decent reason to continue living
4) The "A" is for April


I have largely stopped banging the Alex Rodriguez drum in this space. He doesn't need me anymore (as if we have an army of impressionable readers at SYHD). I have already said my piece here, here, and here. I have been proven correct on every count. Yes I'm gloating. I suppose it would be more dignified to be modest about it. However, it's been my experience that the best thing about being right is rubbing it in other people's faces.

I have to say that I'm disgusted with the new-found love affair that Yankees fans are having with A-Rod. The same fans that tried to run Rodriguez out of town, because of his .290/35/120 season, are giving him curtain calls for all of his homeruns. It has taken, arguably, the best season by a non-Bonds position player since Ted Williams for Yankees fans to embrace him. We really don't deserve the man.

No comments: