Monday, September 24, 2007

Milt Behaving Bradley


As a 6th grade substitute teacher in a Brooklyn ghetto, I fear that I have several future talentless versions of Milton Bradleys in my classes. There are striking similarities between Milton's conduct and the behavior of many of my students. He acts out of uncontrolled rage and then accepts no responsibility for his actions. He always finds somebody else to point the finger at. Regardless of whether he was incited, he lacks the self-control to avoid possible suspension and injury. Bradley is essentially a poorly-parented, 29 year old inner-city middle school student.
Note: I am not absolving ump Mike Winters of culpability. If Winters said what Bradley accused him of saying, he should be suspended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did the ump say?