Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nightly Depressed Met Fan Rant

Tonight's emotion is anger. I just spent the last ten minutes trying to put some thoughts together and I can't do it. This team has drained me. I had to exercise all of my self-control tonight not to string together a slew of cusswords that would have left my mom in tears, my Dad in disbelief, and my brother in stitches (unfortunately not the medical kind). Well, the offense couldn't keep up its level of production forever and tonight they made Joel Pineiro look like a first ballot hall of famer. I have zero confidence in this team right now. I'll be at Shea on Saturday and Sunday and it could be a complete shit show. I'm prepared to boo early and often. I'm not going to speak all day tomorrow so that I can save my voice for the verbal tongue lashing I will unleash on these chokers. A sports team has never made me more miserable in my entire life. I can handle a singular excruciating loss. I can't handle them every night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I am having a hard time holding back the laughter with this string of posts.