Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reflections on Last Night's Met Loss

If the Mets had come back from a seven run deficit last night, I would not have been that happy. Sure I would have been relieved that they created a little more breathing room between themselves and the Phils, but the win would have merely put a band-aid on their troubles. The victory would not have been a panacea and all of the problems that were around yesterday would still be around today. I’d be much more excited about a simple 5-2 victory, where the offense struck some timely blows, the starting pitcher made it out of the sixth, and the bullpen did not let up a single run. I was going to demand just one, single, solitary 1-2-3 inning out of the ‘pen, but I know that is way to much to ask for and as the old saying goes beggars can’t be choosers.

No comments: