Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Suicide Note

Sure I should be grateful that I am not wanting for food, clothing, or shelter, that I was raised by loving parents, and that I'm a relatively healthy young man. But when I turn on Access Hollywood and watch George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, and Don Cheadle being interviewed together on a yacht, I want to kill myself. Seeing four of the coolest guys on Earth hanging out, telling mildly embarrassing stories about one another, and displaying wit becoming of movie stars was depressing.
The fact that they deserve their success irritates me even more. Had it been Josh Hartnett, Marlon Wayans, Vin Diesel, and Paul Walker on that yacht, I would have been indignant at the injustice of the universe. Oddly, I would be somewhat comfortable with that. Instead I'm just envious of the "Oceans" fellas. Those guys are just way better at life than me.

No comments: