Friday, June 8, 2007

I Hate To Kick a Man When He is Down...



Actually I don't, so here we go. I heard on the radio that the ratings for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals were lower than 20-yr old reruns of "Mama's Family" on the ion network. Maybe the Rangers should sign Vicky Lawrence. Is being outdrawn by a 1980's sitcom rerun that wasn't even that popular in the first place the definition of cultural irrelevance? Also, it's not like the ion network is TBS or USA- cable networks that draw legit numbers. Though it is sandwiched between NBC and CBS on my cable provider, I cannot speak for its placement on other services. Granted the Versus network is somewhere from impossible to hard to find on most cable boxes, but there has to be more NHL fans than "Mama's Family" fans out there, doesn't there? I've met at least two hockey fans in my life, I can't say the same for "Mama's Family." In fact, that show stinks. Back when I was younger I would watch just about anything on TV (I think I've seen every episode of "Out of This World") but I remember my inner-Phil Mushnick not being able to stomach a nasally, twangy, faux-aged Lawrence and her hick family. Gary Bettman, you have some work to do.

4 comments:

Charlie Hustle said...

There is no sport other than SEC football.

Charlie Hustle said...

Chris Collinsworth was on Mama's Family?

Anonymous said...

Bettman should have been gone a long time ago... get rid of him already!

http://www.FireBettman.com

Mookie said...

That guy has a stunning resemblence to Collinsworth. Wow.