- Athletes (even former athletes) are far cooler than the guys that cover them
- Spent career in New York, LA, and Chicago as a rich, famous, handsome, athletic millionaire
- 2nd generation athlete, so he probably had the coolest dad in school
- Still has a piece of history as co-holder of the record for most HRs by a catcher in a season
- Does not have to spend endless hours watching film of some unknown DT from Savannah State on the off chance that some team takes a 7th round flier on him
The Case for Kiper
- THE GUY in his field. Hundley never was.
- Never had to squat for half a game, wearing catcher's equipment, on a July day in Atlanta
- His career doesn't involve the guarantee of constant nagging injuries
- He can ply his trade for as long as he can maintain his sensibilities
- No rumors about alcoholism
A little closer than I thought at first glance, but I still think Hundley wins fairly decisively.