Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Eli Manning vs. Mario Lopez (Tremont's Take)

I'm not going to reiterate everything that Mookie already said. He covered just about everything in his post. Simply put, I'd rather be Eli Manning than Mario Lopez. And this is coming from a guy whose fantasy baseball team has been named "Well Oink Oink Baby", in honor of A. C. Slater's biggest catchphrase.

While I thoroughly enjoyed "Saved by the Bell", Lopez hasn't done a whole hell of a lot since. Whatever heat he still has from "Dancing with the Stars" will soon fade if he doesn't land another high profile gig. I think the odds are heavily against him. Plus I think that there is about a 30 percent chance that he is a closet case and that is a terrible way to live one's life.

Eli Manning is on his way to a mildly disappointing career, but he isn't a total bust. Although being Peyton would be cooler, it's not like he's Craig Griffey or Ozzie Canseco either. I think he will end up being remember much like Dom DiMaggio; not as good as his legendary brother, but well respected in his own right.

No comments: