Thursday, July 12, 2007

End It With Beckham



Most of us have had the experience of a having a friend enthusiastically try to hip him to a band. Oftentimes, you don't understand what your friend has been raving about. You tell them as much, but they are insistent that you must be missing something. They ask that you listen to give them a few more listens, certain that something will click and you will share their passion. More often than not, it doesn't work. I have been annoyed by such friends many times. I have also been that annoying friend many times.


ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and even non-sports media outlets are that friend right now, with their incessant pushing of David Beckham on us. We really don't care. I played soccer from the ages of 4 to 14 and even refereed for several years as a teenager. I can appreciate the talent and strategy that goes into playing the sport. I just do not care to watch it played professionally. And as dreamy as he is, Beckham is not going to make me any more interested in it.

1 comment:

m31!k3 said...

beckham a bayıldım ayrıca ben yabancıyım :) yabancı dilim fazla yok . öyle idare ediyorum . tebriklar :D