Monday, November 12, 2007

My Head is About to Explode

Dick Vitale is an unabashed fan of Duke, Notre Dame, the Yankees and the Patriots (I can only assume), America, the Nazis (if he lived in Germany pre-WWII), God, and any other team or being that has has supreme power, resources, and success. I hate Dick Vitale. His schitck is old and for once, just once, can he actually criticize a player or coach for a mistake?

Vitale was on Mike and Mike this morning talking about college football, waxing on Notre Dame, taking painstaking precision not to lay blame on anyone. Then he quickly switches topics as he is prone to do and proclaims that when all is said and done, Tim Tebow will be the best player in the history of college football (or something like that).

How do I reconcile my almost sexual love of Tebow with my undying hatred of Vitale? Do I have to give Vitale a grace period before I start despising him again? How do I live with myself for actually agreeing with Vitale for once. Just a few days ago, I was telling friends that Tebow will go down as the best player in Florida Football history (sorry Sex Cannon). Now it might be a bit of a stretch to think that he will be the greatest player in the history of the sport, it's not outlandish considering how he has played this year as a true soph.

I hope I never agree with Vitale again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Do not let Vitale's opinions get in the way of fact. Tebow is in fact, THE son of God, and plays football accordingly. More on this coming.......