Sunday, December 16, 2007

More on PEDs

I probably have been a tad glib about my feelings towards performance enhancing drug usage in baseball. In truth I was somewhat bothered when some of my favorite players from childhood and adolescence turned up on the Mitchell Report (Andy Pettitte and Randy Velarde among them). It hurts a little when you find out the heroes of your youth aren't everything you thought they were.

I wish something could be done to keep PEDs out of the game. It's just completely implausible. No one has yet developed an accurate test for HGH; And HGH is already old hat. Attempting to keep up with the designer drugs is utterly useless. They aren't going away.

So, as a fan I have a couple options. I can cut off my nose to spite my face and stop watching baseball or I can get over it. I choose the latter.

No comments: