For the first time in my life I find myself really pulling for the Knicks. I'm not looking for greatness, or even mediocrity. I want them to play just well enough to keep the Isiah Circus in town for another year. It's greedy, I know, to ask for more from a man who has already given so much.
- The Knicks are 97-177 since the start of the 04-05 season.
- Thomas has already hired 2 Hall of Fame coaches, only to fire them after one season each.
- He is solely responsible for acquiring the most shiftless roster in the history of sports.
- He has signed players with no discernable basketball skills (Jerome James, Jared Jeffries) to long term contracts.
- He has traded bad contracts for worse contracts and won't have the Knicks under the cap for at least 3 more years.
- With far and away the highest payroll in the sport, he has not only not found a franchise player, he hasn't even found a championship caliber second fiddle.
- He has subjected his employers to an expensive and embarrassing sexual harrassment case.
- He has turned Madison Square Garden into a venue more hostile than they see in any road game.
- And he has done it all with a Pat Riley/Phil Jackson kind of arrogance normally reserved for the elite coaches.