Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Showing Clemency?

Since I haven't posted in a while, and I'm taking a break from my rigorous studies, and I'll wait til tomorrow to go out since there should be numerous lonely and willing tramps out on Valentines Day- I thought of a point which I haven't heard mentioned yet in all this Clemens coverage (I also wanted to put that fantastic, high-minded pun out there).

It is essentially clear to anyone with a logical and objective mind that Roger Clemens used steroids and HGH. If you think that he is innocent, you probably also volunteered to help OJ Simpson in his search for the real killers. Most people in power in this federal investigation have to realize this. (However, it is unbelievable how stupid some people in powerful leadership positions can be- check out what Senator Virgina Foxx had to say: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/tom_verducci/02/13/verducci.top5recap/index.html?eref=T1 )

Anyways, with Barry Bonds eventually going to trial for perjury, wouldn't there be a tremendous outcry from the African-american community if Roger Clemens does not go to trial as well?? Not to mention from Barry Bonds camp?? It appears that there is more evidence now against Clemens than there ever was against Bonds- namely because Clemens' provider/trainer has talked and Bonds' has not. With his own trial imminent- Bonds' camp certainly would cry no fair if Clemens isn't charged with the same crimes, and I can only assume that the race card would shortly follow- perhaps justly in this instance. Bonds situation clearly can't be good for Clemens. Just a thought- hope I'm not too late on it.

No comments: