Monday, April 14, 2008

Shouldn't He Get Some Extra Heismans?

Suddenly the infamous Herschel Walker trade that in effect landed the Cowboys Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, and Russell Maryland among others doesn't seem so lopsided. Little did we know that the Vikings received several Herschel Walkers in the deal.

Perhaps I'm naive but this seems like a desperate attempt to get some attention or justify some horrific behavior in the past. I don't see how a person who lived his life in the public eye for fifteen years could not have had such an illness exposed by now. His father had no clue. His wife didn't know. None of his teammates or members of the media saw this.

His ex-wife's corroboration of the story is a bit flimsy as well.

"Well, now it makes perfect sense, because each personality has a different interest," Grossman told "Nightline". "This one has an interest in ballet, this one has an interest in the Marines, this one had an interest [in the] FBI, this one had an interest in sports."

Talk about a wake-up call. As a fella whose interests include baseball, the Revolutionary War, salty snacks, and the feel of a moist vagina on my penis, I thought I was well within the bounds of sanity. In fact I thought those, and other interests, qualified me as a rather well-rounded person. But according to the former Ms. Walker, enjoying 4 or more things is a tell-tale sign of mental illness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.