I'm probably the last moron to add his two-cents on Brady Quinn slipping, but here's my take...
- I'll be very surprised if he doesn't become a Top-10 QB in the NFL.
- I have no issues with Quinn at all, but I loved seeing him drop like a stone. If I was a billionaire, I would pay off every team in the league to pass on Greg Oden, just to see if he would age to the point that he would look like Bill Russell by the end of the draft.
- Is it possible that he slipped so far because of his chick? I know we have overplayed this angle already at SYHD, but when you are the stud Notre Dame QB, with a shot at going first in the draft, you can't have show up with an "8" on your arm. She was at best a 3rd round girlfriend and I wouldn't be surprised if that subliminally affected the Dolphins' decision in some way.
The Pats just rapped up the AFC East for 2 more years, by adding Randy Moss this weekend. They have turned WR, their only weakness, into a strength this offseason. Not looking good for Gang Green.
I'm not typically a Panicky Pete, but spotting what I now believe is the best Red Sox team I've ever seen a 6 1/2 game lead is rather disconcerting. Despite what every Yankees' fan seems to think, the playoffs are not our birthright. This might well be the year that the Yankees sit out October. Although I did think the same thing in both of the last two seasons.
- The Bulls are even better than I thought. I think they will represent the East in the NBA Finals. They don't have any weaknesses and now have a star to carry them in Luol Deng. Super-early prediction: The Bulls will win the 07-08 NBA Championship.
- I still think the Mavs will squeak by the Warriors, but I really thought Dallas was better than this. Dirk is receiving a lot of criticism this series and rightfully so. But why on Earth is Avery Johnson allowing Greg Buckner on the court at all in big games? No amount of defense can make up for the fact that he has scored 1 point and 1 assist in 40 minutes this series!! This guy should be riding the pine in the Israeli League.
- Phoenix is the only contender out West that is going to cruise through the 1st round. They should have fresher legs than their competitors going forward.
I couldn't care less about auto racing, but I just wanted to mention one thing. After Jeff Gordon won this week's Bumblef**k 500, dozens of fans pelted his car with full cans of beer. Apparently the guy had the nerve to be good-looking, not from the South, and break Dale Earnhardt's record. And it was not the first time something like this happened. Had a similar incident happened at an NBA All-Star Game, we would be inundated with column after column questioning the kind of crowd the NBA attracts.